Strategic Priorities and Goals
- A broad-based Napo - that protects and promotes the interests of all members in the context of the changing skills mix in the National Probation Service and Cafcass.
- A strong Napo - with high membership levels, recognition and negotiating rights.
- An accessible Napo - with structures and services open to all members and the full implementation of Napo´s Action Plan on Race and Action Plan on Disability.
- An efficient and professional Napo - with good management training and development of staff to ensure the best use of all resources, including the improved use of information technology.
Protecting and Promoting Members' Interests
- Job security for members with improved pay and conditions taking account of the structural changes arising from the modernisation programme, the introduction of the National Probation Service and Cafcass.
- Maintenance of professional integrity of members' work and ensuring training continues to be developed to the highest standards for all members.
- Safe, anti-discriminatory working environment for all members alongside realistic workloads.
For the Criminal and Family Justice Systems
- Effective promotion and protection of the core tasks, values, integrity and identity of both the National Probation Service and Cafcass.
- Adequate funding to meet the needs of each service.
- Successful use of all possible influence in every arena to ensure the development of criminal and family justice policy which are anti-discriminatory, humane and based on good practice.
- Large membership base.
- Most effective and efficient structure and organisation that ensures fullest involvement of all members and all groups of members within a coherent financial strategy, and with the best use of information technology.
- High quality provision of accessible representation and other services for all members.
- Strong branches and effective representatives with maximum recognition and negotiation rights and adequate time of for trade union duties.
- Efficient training programme to equip representatives to meet trade union and equal rights responsibilities.
- Effective role and influence in pursuit of Napo's policies and objectives with Government, the public and the wider trade union movement.