Napo 3Cs Workloads Campaign
The aim of the campaign is to:
- Confront the issue of high workloads
- Challenge the employers to address them
- Champion professional Standards
Napo's five campaign demands
1. Implementation of an effective workload management tool based on realistic timings by all Probation employers.
2. Training and guidance for managers on managing on workloads and how to support frontline staff.
3. Workloads to be a standing item on all consultation and negotiating bodies and the establishment of local Workloads Committees.
4. All employers to acknowledge a duty of care for staff well-being and to carry out workload/stress audits and also take remedial action.
5. Probation Operating Models are audited to ensure they are fully resourced and properly staffed to allow client focussed work and maintain professional standards.
Workers Memorial Day Friday 28th April - Workloads Action
On this year’s Workers Memorial Day Napo focused on the potential fatal consequences of prolonged excessive workloads by asking members to join with colleagues at lunchtime meetings in their workplaces to discuss the impact of high workloads on them.
Members were also asked show support for Napo's Workloads Campagn by using Napo “gifs” and images on social media platforms i.e twitter and Facebook.
What you can do to support the 3Cs campaign
- Attend Napo branch meetings and open meetings to dicuss the situation in your workplace and to find out more about the campaign. Contact your local Napo branch for information.
- Raise workloads at their team meetings
- Adhere to Napo's advice on stress and workloads - download here
- Raise concerns about workloads at supervision meetings and record this and any agreed outcomes
- Put in foreseeability notices – where appropriate
- Support Napo campaign activities -see above
Download campaign material below