Napo 3Cs Workloads Campaign
The aim of the campaign is to:
- Confront the issue of high workloads
- Challenge the employers to address them
- Champion professional Standards
Napo's five campaign demands
1. Implementation of an effective workload management tool based on realistic timings by all Probation employers.
2. Training and guidance for managers on managing on workloads and how to support frontline staff.
3. Workloads to be a standing item on all consultation and negotiating bodies and the establishment of local Workloads Committees.
4. All employers to acknowledge a duty of care for staff well-being and to carry out workload/stress audits and also take remedial action.
5. Probation Operating Models are audited to ensure they are fully resourced and properly staffed to allow client focussed work and maintain professional standards.
What you can do to support the 3Cs campaign
- Attend the open meetings to discuss action on workloads - Napo branches have been asked to organise meetings in the week 8th-14th February to launch the campaing, share Napo's campaing plan and provide a safe space for staff - Napo members and non-members - to discuss the situation in their workplaces. Contact your local Napo branch to find out more.
- Raise workloads at their team meetings
- Adhere to Napo's advice on stress and workloads - download here
- Raise concerns about workloads at supervision meetings and record this and any agreed outcomes
- Put in foreseeability notices – where appropriate
- Support Napo campaign activities - more information to follow.
Download campaign material below