Providing a stable and secure accommodation for ex-offenders helps reduce the risk of re-offending. Housing is fundamental to helping re-establish life in the community and live life away from crime. This half day briefing will take place in London on Thursday 28th February 2019.
Expert speakers include:
- Rob Owen, Chief Executive Officer, St Giles Trust (Chair)
- Anita Birchall, Head of Threshold, Threshold Housing Project
- Helen Clipsom, Outreach Manager, City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council
- Joanne Casson, Service Manager, Wigan Council
- Angelina Morgan, Head of Operations, Look Ahead
- Mike Trace, Chief Executive, Forward Trust
The Resettlement and Housing Support for Ex-Offenders Briefing provides an opportunity to learn about the latest strategies and practices around developing an effective housing support for offenders. This practical event is designed to showcase examples of providing a quality pre-release housing support, developing tenancy support and effective monitoring of housing needs after release.
Suited to organisations from the housing sector, probation, local authorities, health, community, voluntary organisations and private sector. This briefing will leave you better placed to support offenders into a stable accommodation and re-integrate them in society.
This event will be insightful for all those involved in housing. Here's what some of our previous housing delegates had to say about our events:
“Very Good & Informative – enjoyed the range of speakers” - Elizabeth Rowland, Housing Services Manager, Octavia Housing
"Really informative" - Kate Sullivan, Tenancy Enforcement and Support Manager, Jigsaw Homes Group
"Excellent" - Marian Wilson, Investigations Officer, Octavia Housing
- Hear the most effective ways of supporting women offenders with complex needs into accommodation
- Discover how specialist, forensic services help ex-offenders with mental health issues resettle within their local community
- Explore how to develop effective partnership working with the Private Rented Sector (PRS)
- Work with your partners to develop an effective tenancy support and provide effective advice and assistance about housing options
Thursday 28th February 2019
09:00 - 12:30
Westminster Insight are offering a discount of 10% off our regular rates (below) to Napo members and 20% if you book two places or more. Contact Editorial at Napo for the promotional code details.
Promotional codes will expire at 9pm, Wednesday 13th February 2019.
Pay with a Credit or Debit Card and receive a further 10% off*