Full Membership of Napo is open to anyone employed by the NPS, a CRC, PBNI and Cafcass*.
As a full member you get:
- Representation if you have any problems at work
- The right to vote on issues that affect you such as the way the union is run
- Access to Napo publications like the Napo News, Probation Journal and Family Court Journal
- A wide range of services from external providers including insurance, legal assistance and medical care
- Free membership during maternity, paternity, adoption and sick leave
- Tax relief on subscriptions paid
- The right to stand for elections for local or national posts
Membership of Napo is also cheaper for those who decide to pay by Direct Debit. Click here to see Napo's current subscription rates.
Qualifying Membership Period
Full Members are subject to a ‘waiting period’ of three months following their admission (or re-admission) to membership of Napo.
Advice, support or legal assistance will not be granted in relation to a claim, dispute or other matter which began or occurred before membership started, during the waiting period, or; or, in the case of lapsed membership, during the period when membership was lapsed or within the period of three months after the day of restoration of membership. Exceptions could be made in the interests of justice or the Association.
I'm a new member
I've been a member of Napo before
I work for an Agency