Full Membership of Napo is open to anyone employed by the NPS, a CRC, PBNI and Cafcass*.
As a full member you get:
- Representation if you have any problems at work
- The right to vote on issues that affect you such as the way the union is run
- Access to Napo publications like the Napo News, Probation Journal and Family Court Journal
- A wide range of services from external providers including insurance, legal assistance and medical care
- Free membership during maternity, paternity, adoption and sick leave
- Tax relief on subscriptions paid
- The right to stand for elections for local or national posts
Membership of Napo is also cheaper for those who decide to pay by Direct Debit. Click here to see Napo's current subscription rates.
Qualifying Membership Period
There is a requirement that you have three months membership in order to have a case considered for referral for legal representation, but as a new member of Napo you can expect to get local support and representation and to be involved in collective bargaining and democratic activities as soon as you join.
I'm a new member
I've been a member of Napo before
I work for an Agency